Error 2700

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error 2700

Post  dithmer on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 pm

I just purchased VideoDrive 1.6.7.01. Every time I try to show subtitles I get the same error message: "Error while setting subtitles of video Righteous Kill: Video does not contain compatible subtitles (error: -2700)".
It works fine in VLC and MPlayer. What seems to be the problem?????
Dithmer

dithmer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error 2700

Post  Aroona on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Do you have separate SRT files? Are they playing correctly in QuickTime?
In that case, this might be an incompatibility with the video format or your localization.

Can you open the video in QuickTime and go to "Show Movie Properties". Please provide us the information displayed there, or take a screenshot and mail it to AroonaSoftware@gmail.com. Thanks!

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

error 2700

Post  kbandi8 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi!

I am having the same problem on my macbook pro. I have just bought videodrive a few days ago, imported my videos into iTunes 8 but cannot play .srt subtitles either in iTunes nor in Front Row.
The subtitles are working perfectly in Quicktime, in Movist, and in everywhere, except in iTunes and in Front Row. Every time I want to toggle subtitles, I get the error message:
"Error while toggling subtitles of video xy: Video does not contain compatible subtitles (error: -2700)" no matter what movie, I always get this message. I have Perian on the mac by the way.

The reason I bought Videodrive is to watch movies in Front Row and in iTunes and it has made me quite anxious that I cannot do these.

Please tell me what should I send you, what other info you need to correct this issue, because it is annoying.

Waiting for your reply

Regards

kbandi8

kbandi8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error 2700

Post  Aroona on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:25 pm

First of all, when you import a video "MyVideo1.avi" and have the subtitles in the file "MyVideo1.srt" in the same folder, then VideoDrive will import those subtitles. Next, when you play the video in iTunes, the subtitles will be displayed by default (but NOT in Leopard Front Row). If the subtitles are not visible in iTunes, there is a problem with the import process.

You should run "Toggle subtitles" if you want to either disable the subtitles, or force subtitles in Front Row. However, if the subtitles have not been properly included (and that seems to be the problem), this feature will clearly not work. Can you do the following:

Can you open the video in QuickTime and go to "Show Movie Properties". Please provide us the information displayed there, or take a screenshot and mail it to AroonaSoftware@gmail.com. Thanks!

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top