Copy from Browser (without auto lookup)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copy from Browser (without auto lookup)

Post  rudders on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:08 am

Hi there,

I have a simple applescript that searches IMDB in safari for an Episode of a TV Show then initiates VideoDrive Tagging "Tag iTunes Title" so that I can get to the "copy from browser" button. This is because the eyetv files I encoded are just named with Episode Title so VideoDrive never finds the episode data - just the show data.

Anyhow - my question.

Is there any way to get directly to the "Copy from Browser" function without VideoDrive doing it's lookup first - I've already done the lookup and simply want IMDB (in Safari) data added to the selected file.

rudders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Copy from Browser (without auto lookup)

Post  Aroona on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Sorry for the late response.

1) VideoDrive should properly support and tag EyeTV files. Can you share an affected file with us?

2) I’m not sure I understand how you propose to copy the data you have found online into VideoDrive. In what format is this data? Is it just in the browser?

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Moved on to iFlicks 2 for TVDB integration

Post  rudders on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:25 am

To be honest I have moved to iFlicks for their TVDB Integration. When I raised this topic it was because frequently the lookup in Videodrive would get it wrong and it would have been easier to search IMDB, bring up the record in Safari and then go to Videodrive and simply say - "Copy from Browser window for metadata" so the workflow would be - file into VideoDrive - manual lookup in Safari - ask VideoDrive to load metadata from frontmost browser window.

My biggest pep peeve at the moment is that looking up TV Show's by Show name and Episode name is a manual process in either app as TVDB don't allow for Episode name Searches.

rudders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 am

There’s a button “Copy Browser” on the metadata results window that does exactly that. It copies the IMDb page from the frontmost browser window. As I understand it, that’s exactly what you’re after.

Can you give some examples of file names that fail to process automatically? Are this only EyeTV files, or also other files? We have been working with Elgato and they have provided us with a number of EyeTV files to ensure full compatibility. If you can send us (or share) an EyeTV file that fails to process, it would speed up the support process.

Also, there’s a new beta version that includes some tweaks to the metadata lookup process:
https://aroona.zendesk.com/entries/54350188-Version-2-8-01-beta

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top