Video drive doesn't tag files exported from EyeTV to iTunes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video drive doesn't tag files exported from EyeTV to iTunes

Post  iiimoodiii on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Running OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3. I'm using Video Drive 2.7.04.

Hi, I'm using an EyeTV HD and my Mac as a video recorder and then I export these files to iTunes. The files are automatically imported to iTunes with a name I request while editing them in EyeTV. I name the files as follows: ShowName S01E01. The file in the finder represents this as does the name of the file in iTunes. However whenever I tag them using video drive, they're either not recognised or they show up in videodrive with the Episode name as the file name and then the rest of the information is Afro Samuri from IMDB regardless of what the show is called. To rectify this, I have to then input the details manually for each criteria and then press "search again" to get the correct details for this file from IMDB.

Is there any way this could be fixed or let me know what needs to be named correctly or differently in iTunes so that this will work correctly each time. It only happens with files exported from eyetv to iTunes

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video drive doesn't tag files exported from EyeTV to iTunes

Post  Aroona on Wed May 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi, is it possible to share a video file with us using Dropbox or WEtransfer, etc. This way, we can verify and address the problem.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iiimoodiii on Mon May 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Aroona wrote:Hi, is it possible to share a video file with us using Dropbox or WEtransfer, etc. This way, we can verify and address the problem.

Yeah sure, I will recorded something tonight. Is there a direct contact I can send the link to so I'm not posting a link on this forum and effectively distributing content that is copy written to anyone that reads this post?

Many thanks

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Mon May 13, 2013 3:12 pm

You can mail it to support@aroona.net.

Have you tried updating to version 2.7.06 yet? It includes a fix regarding EyeTV files, so possibly your issue has been fixed. We have tested it with EyeTV files distributed to us by Elgato and those work fine. So, if the new version still does not work for you, mail us your file by WEtransfer of Dropbox, so we can have a look at it.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iiimoodiii on Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Brilliant, I'll check the update and see if it fixes the problem, otherwise i'll send the file on. Many thanks

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iiimoodiii on Thu May 16, 2013 3:36 pm

Ok the new version of VideoDrive did not fix the issue, I have recorded, named and exported a file to iTunes via EyeTV and uploaded the resulting file to dropbox which I will forward to you now. Please can you confirm when you have received the file so I can remove it from my dropbox. I will also include this transcript.

Many thanks

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Fri May 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks. Based on our investigation, I can confirm this issue will be fixed in version 2.7.07 and higher.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Broke again in latest version

Post  iiimoodiii on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi, thanks for fixing this in version 2.7.07. However when upgrading to 2.7.08, I noticed that when tagging it produced an error which you said would be fixed in 2.7.09. This has been fixed but now video drive no longer tags multiple video files. Instead, when selecting more than one file in iTunes to tag, it will just go though and rename the file with the number for the episode and series and changes no other information. for example. If I tag a file that is originally named Mad Men S06E06 it would just rename this file to 06-06-Mad Men. If you repeat the process, it will just add another 06-06- to the front of the file name.

I have since reverted to the beta you provided me which works fine. But 2.7.09 isn't working correctly. Hope this is of some help and I will look forward to testing out 2.7.10

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:25 am

Hi, Iím not sure what is going on. I have just tested this with version 2.7.09 by selecting a 20 videos of Suits and retagged them as Modern Family and everything worked fine. So something else must be going on.

We havenít changed anything since 2.7.08 except that the option ďDo not show againĒ in the lower right corner now works properly again. If you are tagging multiple episodes of the same show, it will only ask confirmation once.

Also, while tagging, VideoDrive does not rename or remove any files. Are you keeping your videos inside the iTunes folder? Because then iTunes will be renaming your files (if you have that option checked in iTunes Preferences).

Based on your report, it does seem like VideoDrive should also rename/move files around when tagging (if you keep videos outside the iTunes folder). But at the moment, it does not.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:43 am

We have identified an issue that might be related to your report and it will be fixed in version 2.7.10.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

This problem is happening again

Post  iiimoodiii on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi there, I'm running the latest version of Video Drive with iTunes 11.1.1 and the problem of tagging correctly has come back. This time, every file I try and tag will come ups as Toy Story and will see them as movies rather than TV shows. If I manually input the correct details and search again, it rectifies the problem. I don't suppose this is because of the itunes update again is it?

Kind regards

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:26 pm

This problem is related to the online search engine to find metadata. It will be resolved in version 2.8 beta 7 and higher. As of this post, this version is not online yet but it should be shortly.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iiimoodiii on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Many thanks. I will keep an eye out for the latest beta.

iiimoodiii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top