videodrive freezing on analyzing video's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

videodrive freezing on analyzing video's

Post  ianpaton on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi guys

I have been having issues for the last 2 days importing video's using method 4 (for jailbroken atv 1)
Also, for the safe of clarity when i say "locks up" below the application is responding but just never completes the current task

When i run the import video drive locks up on the analyzing video/file name part of the process. if i select abort then the videodrive lock s up on aborting current job without ever completing. i am then forced to shutdown videodrive and restart
I have also just updated the the latest build: 2.6.07 from .04(maybe) without any success

I have finally, after a bit of trial and error, seemed to have located the issue to a few select video's based on the filename.

below is a list of the tests i have done.

the file structure of all videos is:
the file i am testing on is in the folder structure:
>Breaking Bad Season 1, 2, 3 & 4 + Extras DVDRip HDTV TSV
>>Season 2
>>>Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 01 - Seven Thirty-Seven.avi
>>>Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 02 - Grilled.avi
>>>Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 03 - Bit by a Dead Bee.avi
>>>etc
>>Season 3
>>>etc

TEST 1: importing video normally

these files lock videodrive up every time (as to all episodes, either together or individually or separately)

TEST 2. add video with "add metadata" turned off and then add metadata to imported video

Again select to import one file but with "add missing metadata" deselected
This time the video is imported correctly as a movie
If i then select add meta data to selected video once imported, videodrive locks up again on "analyzing 1 itunes videos"

TEST 3.
rename the video from test 2 from "Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 02 - Grilled" to "Grilled" i can add metadata to the selected video and it is updated correctly

TEST 4.
rename the original video to episode name (in my case Seven Thirty-Seven.avi)
This works corrrectly, and the metadata editor is shown as expected, with all data loaded from imdb

CONCLUSION
Your regex parser on the file name needs some more work! and i am going to spend the next hour changing filenames

Otherwise i have used your product for a while and have found it indispensable and fantastically easy to use

Ian

ianpaton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: videodrive freezing on analyzing video's

Post  Aroona on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks for the testing, do you have the exact file names that caused the issue?

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

same here....

Post  ninkasi on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 am

Aroona wrote:Thanks for the testing, do you have the exact file names that caused the issue?

Looks like I have had the same issue. Basically, had the application going into some sort of infinite loop. Tried the latest beta, and although that fixed the missing cover art issue - the 'freezing' remained. The only way to kill it was through system monitor and nuking the process. Then I saw this message, and thought - maybe I should try shortening the names?

"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 2 Episode 3 - Lesson Zero" - crash [don't judge me - I have kids!]
"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 2 Episode 3 Lesson Zero" - crash [thought that maybe it was the "3 -" causing an issue. Nope]
"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic S02E03 Episode 3 Lesson Zero" - ok

Not sure what the issue is for certain, but initial suspect would be long file names, possibly including the underlying directory?

Cheers

ninkasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi, version 2.7 should fix this issue. It is related to Mountain Lion and Finder and we have only been able to replicate it on version 10.8.2.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ninkasi on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Aroona wrote:Hi, version 2.7 should fix this issue. It is related to Mountain Lion and Finder and we have only been able to replicate it on version 10.8.2.

Indeed, running 10.8.2 on the mac. Issue still there with 2.7 beta 2, but perhaps you mean it will be fixed in the final release. ;-)

ninkasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi, version 2.7 beta 3 (available now http://www.aroona.net/Downloads/VideoDriveBeta.zip) should indeed fix this issue.
However, we did notice a problem with the metadata found for your video file (it's downloading the individual episode artwork and including the episode name in the show name field)

Please download this new version and let us know how it goes for you.

Aroona
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top