Please add option not to ask for metadata confirmation on videos from hot folders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please add option not to ask for metadata confirmation on videos from hot folders

Post  dankohn on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm

I have several TV shows that VideoDrive correctly loads via Hot Folders (using Automatic and Transmission) and to which it automatically adds metadata. When I import a movie into VideoDrive, I always want to confirm the metadata, as VideoDrive is only correct ~75% of the time. Today, I need to manually click and unclick the "Ask Confirmation Before Saving" option on the metadata tab based on whether the import is automatic or manual.

Instead, could you please add an option next to Hot Folders called "Ask for metadata confirmation on automatic imports from hot folders". I would suggest that this be off by default. Under the metadata tab, you could change "Ask Confirmation Before Saving" to "Ask Confirmation Before Saving Manual Imports".

Thanks in advance for considering this change.

dankohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please add option not to ask for metadata confirmation on videos from hot folders

Post  Aroona on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. A new option "Never ask confirmation before saving metadata for queued videos" is added to the Queue tab of Preferences in version 2.5. It applies to all queued videos (not only to Hot Folders).

Additionally:
- Can you report file names that are misidentified to the forum, so we can improve the automatic identification process.
- If you import a lot of episodes of the same TV Show, consider saving the right metadata as a Preset. This will also improve the identification process.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Please add option not to ask for metadata confirmation on videos from hot folders

Post  dankohn on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Fantastic, thanks. VideoDrive is generally great at metadata for TV. It's movies that it has trouble with, due to the lack of standardization.

dankohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Yes, that's true. If you provide us with some actually file names that cause issues, we can further optimize the identification process.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Not in beta 3

Post  dankohn on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:41 pm

The new option is not in 2.5 beta 3.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7123504/videodrive.png

dankohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dankohn on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Aroona wrote:If you provide us with some actually file names that cause issues, we can further optimize the identification process.

This file name confused the metadata lookup. The issue, obviously, is that the 2011 (as in Thundercats 2011) is confusing because it's part of the name, not the season and episode number.

Thundercats.2011.S01E09.Berbils.READNFO.HDTV.XviD-2HD

dankohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top