option to import two versions (HD and iPhone/iPod) of each file.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

option to import two versions (HD and iPhone/iPod) of each file.

Post  spatfield on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 am

When HD shows are downloaded from iTunes there is an HD version and a mobile version with the same title, they only show up as one item in iTunes because the files have the same cnID.
It's possible to replicate this behavior manually by editing the metadata with Subler but I would love it it Videodrive had the option to import every file in two versions. Maybe a lot of people wouldn't want to use the space but right now I have to chose between looking good at home or being able to take it with me.

Thanks a lot.

spatfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: option to import two versions (HD and iPhone/iPod) of each file.

Post  Aroona on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:58 am

We will include this in our list of feature requests, but at the moment there are no concrete plans to add this very soon.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Please do this

Post  AndrewClarke on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 pm

I would REALLY like this feature. I have an Apple TV 2, iPhone 3, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 1, and probably will get an iPad 3 as well. My kids use the iPad and the iPhone 3, and I don't want to have to downsample a movie sufficiently badly to fit on the iPhone 3 as that would look like crap on all the other devices.

I have a fast computer and plenty of disk space, and I'd really like multiple resolutions and version of the same file.

PLEASE and thanks!
- Andrew.

AndrewClarke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 am

Apple is clearly moving to an ecosystem where 1 file can play anywhere. iPhone 4/4S, AppleTV3, iPad3, they are all fast enough to play HD-movies. So if you have enough disk space, you could copy /stream / sync / view the same file everywhere. This way you can also take full advantage of Airplay to stream HD-movies from your iOS devices to your AppleTV without losing image quality. Version 2.6 introduces some updates regarding HD-devices: Go to the devices tab of Preferences and check the devices you have. If you only check HD-devices, import method 5 will produce HD-files (if the video source is HD of course). If you check older devices as well, you will notice more green/red lights on the main screen will turn red for import method 5 (because your file will for instance not play on an older iPhone 3).

I understand this is not what you intended at the beginning of this thread, but I wanted to let you know anyway. No further news on that front at the moment.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top