Fully automated process for TV Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fully automated process for TV Shows

Post  mozzer502 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 pm

hey
here's my current workflow for getting TV shows on to my Mac.

1) The utility "TVShows" searches EZ.TV (and others) once a day and downloads any new torrent files
2) The utility "Transmission" monitors the downloads and fetches the actual TV episodes
3) VideoDrive monitors the episode download and fetches metadata
4) Everything pauses, waiting for me to get to my computer and press the OK button
5) VideoDrive converts and adds the movies to iTunes.

I'd like an option that skips step 4. But only for TV shows. VideoDrive is getting great at recognizing popular shows, but still makes mistakes on Movies, so I want control over those. After all, it takes a human to spot that "the fly.avi" is not referring to the remake.

If I can get step 4 skipped, then TV shows will appear magically on my computer every night and I'll not have to lift a finger. Now that's progress!

Of course, if you can do this, then the next step will be to do it for just the shows I trust. VideoDrive gets Dexter right every time and I trust it to automate that, but it gets Doctor Who wrong every time so I want to intervene.

Many thanks
Andy

(ASIDE: I think this would also address this issue: "Modifier Key Need"

mozzer502

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fully automated process for TV Shows

Post  mozzer502 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 pm

To further simplify this request, I've just realized that 90% of all movies downloaded are placed in sub-directories, and because of that, VideoDrive doesn't get auto-started anyway. So, you could skip the part where I said "for TV Shows only"

mozzer502

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mozzer502 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:34 pm

To further enhance this process, this thread gave me an idea.

When adding TV shows to iTunes, if the show already exists in the iTunes library, then the user should be prompted with "Skip, Overwrite, or Add Anyway" options. The default choice should be set on the Preferences panel.

Assuming that VideoDrive can detect if it is being executed by a person or by Automator, then the flow would be

If auto-running and fileexists
do whatever the preferences say to do (skip, overwrite or add)
if manually running and fileexists
prompt user for decision

Thanks
Andy

mozzer502

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ondrovic on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I too was looking for something to do this here is what I have come up with and it seems to work great

Use Hazel what it does is monitor folders for changes

I have it move to a folder called rename
which i then have it setup to use tvnamer via a script to rename the show automatically then import it into video drive via an apple script

Here is the script for the renaming. NOTE you will have to do a sudo easy_install tvnamer first
Code:
tvnamer --batch --recursive "$1"
Then here is the apple script that imports into video drive
Code:
set newVideos to theFile as string
ignoring application responses
   tell application "VideoDrive"
      launch
      set contents of text field "AutoParameters" of window "MainWindow" to newVideos
      tell button "AutoImportButton" of window "MainWindow" to perform action
   end tell
end ignoring
Then I have the Queue tab setup like this in VideoDrive

Import queued videos as soon as possible
AutoMatically requeue incomplete videos
Never ask confirmation to save metadata of queued videos

Hope this helps

ondrovic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:44 am

The solution is indeed to check the option “Never ask confirmation to save metadata of queued videos” on the Queue tab of VideoDrive Preferences. This way, you skip the metadata confirmation window, but only for queued videos.

If you always wish to skip the confirmation window, uncheck the option “ask confirmation before saving” on the main screen.

If VideoDrive repeatedly fails to identify a TV Show, consider creating a Metadata Preset in the confirmation window. Next time you import a file that contains the same name as the preset, VideoDrive will be ‘smart’ enough to apply the preset.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top