TVDB for TV show metadata & getvideoartwork

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TVDB for TV show metadata & getvideoartwork

Post  Logan09 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:17 pm

I really like this app, might actually make frontrow useable for me. However, it would be really great if you could grab metadata for individual episodes of TV shows. I use an app for Windows media center that uses the TVDB.com database. This is an open database that has excellent metadata and would make Videodrive so much better if it could grab data from TVDB.com.

Another improvement would be better artwork. TVDB.com provides artwork, but not in the square iTunes standard format. If you could use www.getvideoartwork.com that would be fantastic.

Logan09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TVDB for TV show metadata & getvideoartwork

Post  Aroona on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 pm

VideoDrive already supports grabbing metadata for individual TV Show Episodes. Just make sure you enable the corresponding option. Check out the support page Question 7.

We are considering adding new sources for metadata and cover art, including getVideoArtwork. We already had contact we them to include support for HD cover art. This will most likely be included in a version targeted at the end of the summer.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MrGrey on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:16 pm

I'd like to bump this one and add that I'd like screenshots for each episode which IMDB doesn't store that I am aware of, but TV.com andA TVRage.com (which the AppleTV Sapphire plugin uses) have both proper episode descriptions for every episode as well as a screenshot. TV on IMDB.com leaves a lot to be desires. It's not the best source for info which leaves that functionality fairly weak for many many shows. Love the application though. Smile

MrGrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:20 pm

I completely agree. I have using VideoDrive as a replacement to sapphire on my apple tv, and I miss the TV descriptions (especially on uk shows) and the episode artwork.

Paul

Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mitch345 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:19 pm

I agree with you guys. In my opinion, theTVdb.com and themoviedb.org offer the best images and covers on the net. theTVdb.com also offer the possibility to receive TV Show info in other languages.

I am dreaming that you will add those two sites to the metadata of videodrive very soon...

mitch345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oillio on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:40 am

I would like to add my support for TVDB support as well. The data over there is much more complete. The glaring omission for me at the moment is Top Gear.

I would be happy to write a parser for this if there was an API available.

oillio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ondrovic on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Agreed this would be a great alternative to IMDB as it it not regularly updated please consider adding support for this

ondrovic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top