Support for idx/sub subtitles, undo feature

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Support for idx/sub subtitles, undo feature

Post  pmcd on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:00 am

Perian supports loading idx/sub subtitles. It would be nice for VideoDrive to also support them.

It would also be nice to have an undo features so that one could return a files converted by method 4 to its original state. The problem with those files is they don't play under some other media players.

philip

pmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Support for idx/sub subtitles, undo feature

Post  Aroona on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Do you mean IDX/SUB support for the "Move video files" option? Because playback of these subtitles is already supported.

An undo feature is not on our future feature list at the moment. Can you give an example of an 'unsupported' media player?
Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pmcd on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 am

Aroona wrote:Do you mean IDX/SUB support for the "Move video files" option? Because playback of these subtitles is already supported.

An undo feature is not on our future feature list at the moment. Can you give an example of an 'unsupported' media player?

Yes, I meant idx/sub support for option 4. One can use mkvmerge to put those into a .mkv file very quickly but then you can't move those into a .mov container that will play on the ATV.

XBMC and Plex won't play option 4 files (even if you rename them to .avi) . I thought mplayer didn't but it does which is great. VLC plays the files but gets confused with the audio track (you have to manual change it). It's something really minor since Quicktime plays them fine of course. I thought if one moved them into .mov there would be a way of moving the original back out so I wouldn't have to keep the original.

philip

pmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top