Improve cover art selection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Improve cover art selection

Post  enpointe on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:26 pm

I've been using Video Drive for a couple of weeks now and my biggest complaint with it has to deal with the cover art.
The rectangle used to display cover art on the Video Drive screen doesn't always show me the complete image so many times I'm surprised by the final image that gets displayed when I view the movie via Front Row. In other words I select a image and then find that it's a blue ray dvd cover and not a standard dvd cover or that it's got white space around the image that I don't want. It would be nice to see the full image in the space provided and have the ability to pull up a full size image of the cover art.

Also when your selecting the image you have no idea what the image quality of the image your selecting is going to be. I've found that quite often the cover art I've selected doesn't have the resolution I want and I have to reimport the cover at via iTunes. I'd like something that tells me what the image resolution of the image I'm selecting is.

Other than this I've found Video Drive very useful

enpointe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cover Art Import

Post  benichols on Fri May 01, 2009 6:53 pm

I second this request. I too often have to import over cover art into iTunes as the cover art VideoDrive imports is either too small, poor resolution, or has white borders. I would suggest a resolution indicator and an import box that allows us to see if there is a white border around the image in addition to being able to see the full resolution cover art.
Thanks!
Brian

benichols

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Improve cover art selection

Post  enpointe on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:13 am

After doing over 200 movie conversion the cover art is my biggest complaint. I've all but given up on relying on the cover art that video drive pulls in. The resolution is usually too low and looks terrible in front row. I've also decided I like the movie posters better than the dvd covers. It would be nice if you could pop open the box and see the selections and resolutions and select the one you want. Something along the way Google images reports on the sizes. A perference for movie or dvd cover art would also be nice.

enpointe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Improve cover art selection

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top