Does Forced Compatibility with ATV work in OS2.3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Forced Compatibility with ATV work in OS2.3

Post  pmcd on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:55 am

I've been trying VideoDrive (v1.7.6) with my new Apple TV (which has OS2.3 on it and Perian 1.1.3). I have ticked off the forced compatibility option and it imports into my iTunes TV Shows. However, it does not show up on myApple TV. The same file does show up if I use the Fool AppleTV Applescript which muxes a blank video with the divx file and tricks iTunes into thinking it's H264. A reference movie is not created but rather a new file the same size (no recoding). This seems similar to VideoDrive's method but not as nice and you don't get the metadata. Am I doing something wrong. My Mac is running 10.5.6 and the latest iTunes. I have "Make video compatible with Enhanced Apple TV" ticked off. The TV show is being streamed to my Apple TV.

philip

pmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Forced Compatibility with ATV work in OS2.3

Post  pmcd on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:28 am

Sorry to answer my own question, but it does work! You need to use the container approach (as stated in the help). I should learn to read instructions...

pmcd

pmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aroona on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes you are right, it requires the container method, as referenced videos do not show up on Shared libraries and Apple TV. Unfortunately there is (still) no way around this.

Aroona
Admin

View user profile http://www.aroona.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top